Covid 19 update to services
As an organisation run and managed by disabled people, a number of our staff are classed as ‘vulnerable people who live with underlying health conditions’. In line with government policy on the current COVID-19 situation, we have taken the difficult but necessary decision to restrict access to our offices. The majority of our staff will work from home and we will continue to provide advice and support to disabled people, their families, as well as statutory and voluntary organisations.
If you need any help, information, or paperwork, wherever possible please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email the relevant staff member if you have their details. You can still phone our office, on (01482) 878778, but as there
will only be a skeleton staff it may take longer than usual to return your call.
Please do not ‘drop in’ to the office, unless invited, in order to protect you and our staff.
Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time.
Choices and Rights Disability Coalition(CARDC) are an organisation exclusively run by disabled people in the Hull and East Riding area. We believe that the best experts on the needs of disabled people, are disabled people themselves. As a result, Choices and Rights’ reputation has grown because agencies and organisations know that when they seek consultation with us, they are guaranteed a dialogue with a delegation of disabled people. Originally set-up in 1994, as a small campaigning group with funding of only £150, Choices and Rights have become the leading organisation of disabled people in the Hull and East Riding area and have a growing regional and national reputation.
One of our key roles is to support disabled people and their families to employ Personal Assistants, so they can live independent lives. We also run and manage the Hull and East Riding Centre for Independent Living (CIL), providing information, advice and a range of services for disabled people, their families and service providers.
What do We Do?
· Campaign on a wide variety of disability issues.
· Run the Hull and East Riding Centre for Independent Living (CIL); providing
information, advice, and a range of services for disabled people, their
families and service providers.
· Provide consultancy and advice to other organisations in the voluntary, statutory, and private sector, both locally and nationally.
· Provide a wide range of information and resource packs.
· Recognised as the leading local organisation on the Equality Act (Disability); and we offer support and advice on the Act in relation to disability.
· Organise conferences, workshops and forums so that disabled people can be informed of new developments, and have an opportunity to voice opinions face-to-face