Local Hull & East Riding Covid Information

Image result for hull city council

Covid-19 service update – working safely guidelines
Please do not visit our offices or the Guildhall without an appointment.
We are working with partners to support local businesses and to ensure that we come through the Coronavirus pandemic.
Financial support and advice
If you require financial advice and support for your business please visit our COVID-19 financial support for businesses page using the link below.
Visit our COVID-19 financial support for businesses page

Image result for hull city council

Test and Trace Support Payment

Important – application information

We are experiencing extremely high volumes of applications for Test and Trace Support payments. Please carefully  read the eligibility criteria below before making an application, and only make an application if you meet these requirements. This will allow us to focus on eligible applications and make payments as soon as possible to those that need them.

Please note – Those working in the Care Sector are not eligible for support through the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme. Instead contact should be made with the employer to request payment through the Adult Social Care Infection Control Fund for any loss of earnings whilst isolating.

Since the 28th September 2020 a Government scheme has been in place to help those on low incomes to self-isolate which runs until 31 March 2022.

The scheme offers support to people on low incomes who are unable to work from home if they are told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace and will lose income as a result.

The payments are also designed to stop the spread of Covid-19 and avoid further economic and social restrictions by –

  • helping to ensure people who have tested positive and certain close contacts self-isolate for the required period
  • encouraging people to get tested if they have symptoms

NHS Test and Trace ID Number
Your ID number is provided to you by the NHS. Your notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate has your unique account ID on it, and is usually composed of 8 characters.

If you have lost your Test and Trace ID number, you can get it through the NHS Test and Trace app. You must do this whilst you are still in your self-isolation period. You cannot request your NHS Test and Trace Account ID after you have finished self-isolation.
Access GOV.UK fr further guidance on how to apply for Test and Trace support payment

To be eligible for a discretionary Test and Trace support payment you must be on a low income and –

  • have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace either because you’ve tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive and you are not exempt from self isolation
  • have responded to message from NHS Test and Trace and have provided legally required information, such as details of close contacts
  • be employed or self-employed
  • be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result

As a guide we would consider your income to be low if your normal gross basic pay is not above £10 per hour.

Each individual in a household can make their own claim if they meet the criteria.

You can claim each time you are asked to isolate as long as the isolation periods do not overlap. Claims must be made within 42 days of the start of each period of self-isolation.

Parents and GuardiansFrom 8 March 2021, the Government announced that parents or guardians who have had to take time off work to care for a young person in the same household who was self isolating, may have been eligible for a payment.

From the 16 August 2021 parents or guardians may be eligible for a payment even if they are fully vaccinated if  –

  • the young person has tested positive for COVID-19  and is aged 15 or under or a young person aged 25 or under who has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) in place
  •  the young person has  been identified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19 (by NHS Test and Trace, their education or care setting or the NHS COVID-19 app) is aged 18-25, is not fully vaccinated and has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) in place
  • the parent or guardian can claim a payment if both the –
    • young person normally attends an education or care setting; and
    • parent or guardian meets all the other criteria for a `main scheme` payment.
  • if the parent of guardian is not in receipt of one of the eligible benefits, but they are earning not more than £10 per hour a discretionary scheme award can be considered.

Tax and the Test and Trace Support Payment schemeIf you are employed –

  • you will pay tax on your payment if you go over your tax-free personal allowance
  • your tax code will change to collect the tax
  • you will not pay National Insurance contributions on the payment

If you’re self-employed you must report the payment on your Self-Assessment tax return.

Before you make a claim using our online form below, please make sure you are eligible by reading the above.

Apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment

COVID-19 vaccine information – Hull CCG

Walk-in vaccination clinics

For COVID-19 walk-in vaccination clinics, please visit www.vaccinatehullandeastriding.co.uk.

COVID-19 booster vaccines

In Hull, COVID-19 booster vaccinations are available for everyone over 16. We have good availability for appointments in late evenings and weekends, along with daytime appointments, all of which are bookable through the national booking service. Hull vaccination sites include the existing large Primary Care Network sites (like the MKM Stadium), GP surgeries, the Princes Quay vaccination site and a number of Community pharmacies.

We want to ensure that people have a positive experience when coming for their vaccination. Booked appointments offer patients the best experience however, where possible we will offer walk-in appointments.

People are eligible for the booster jab 91 days after their second vaccine dose.

They are encouraged to either book online (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/) or by ringing 119.

People are asked not to call their GP to arrange vaccination.

Image result for hull city council

Coronavirus restrictions remain in place –

Find out what you can or cannot do here

Access information on exceptions to the above restrictions

Daily COVID19 ReportThe latest COVID19 data for Hull is available below –

Coronavirus daily statistics | Hull City Council


Access further information regarding the breakdown of COVID-19 statistics

Data sources and detailed explanationMore information on what the data is telling us can be found in the document below –

If you’re interested in seeing more data you can view the Government data dashboard which has both national and local data via the below link –

Access the Government data dashboard

Search by postcodeView data for a specific area within the UK on the GOV.UK website (opens in a new browser tab).

Not all data is available for every area – the most local information in each category for your selected area will be shown.

Image result for hull city council

The University of Hull

COVID-19 Local Testing Site

The Government has opened a coronavirus testing centre on the University of Hull site, situated in the Inglemire Lane Car Park, as part of the drive to improve the accessibility of testing.

Please do not contact the university to book a test. This can be done through nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119.


Font Resize