New Year – New Opportunity?
The Police and Crime Commissioner is really keen to hear from people in our local communities who want to help make a difference; we want to ensure that our scrutiny groups reflect our local communities.
We are currently recruiting volunteers for:
1. Use of Police Powers Scrutiny Group – we are particularly interested in hearing from those affected by the use of police powers such as Use of Force and Stop & Search.
2. Hate Crime Scrutiny Group – we are seeking volunteers with lived experience of hate crime who can help us effectively scrutinise the police response.
· Meet 4-6 times per year
· Check and challenge issues
· Provide the opportunity to do things differently, to learn and to progress
In return we will:
· Pay reasonable travel expenses and provide refreshments at meetings
· Ensure your findings help to inform our Independent Ethics and Scrutiny Board, which in turn will inform the Police and Crime Commissioner’s discussions with the Chief Constable and others
If interested, you can find out more about the roles and complete an application form via this link:
Closing date is 5pm on Friday 29th January 2021, we aim to then contact people in early February 2021, if successful.