Struggling to Pay, financial support schemes & Priority Services(Yorkshire Water)

731952_struggling_to_pay_your_bill_leaflet.pdf (

We all need a little extra help from time to time which is why we wanted to share the different ways we can help you if you’re struggling to pay your water bill.
We have a range of financial schemes that are there to help make life a little easier for you and offer support for lots of different circumstances. 💙
If you’re unsure which scheme might be best for you or you’d like some more information on how we can help, visit

Ongoing help

Are your bills mounting up? We’ve got a range of ongoing help schemes you can apply for:


If you have a water meter, claim an income-based benefit, claim Universal Credit and need to use extra water because you have a medical condition or three or more children, you might be able to get help with our WaterSure scheme.


If you have a low household income and your annual water bill is more than £430, you might be able to get help with our WaterSupport scheme.

Community Trust

If you have arrears with Yorkshire Water between £50 and £2000 and at least one priority debt, you might be able to get an award towards water arrears.

Water Direct

If you receive a deductible income-based benefit, we can take payments directly from your benefits. Less hassle, less worry!


If you’re struggling to catch up on previous water bills, our Resolve scheme could help you be debt-free so you can continue paying your water bill in affordable amounts.

Not sure which is for you?

No problem. Check out our frequently asked questions at the bottom of this page for more information or give us a call and we’ll help you find the right scheme.

Social media campaigns

Facebook Link


Leave a comment

Font Resize